More than 25 years ago, Talbott Recovery began receiving feedback from alumni expressing interest in returning to Talbott Recovery on a regular basis. Requests were made to help former patients reconnect with other alumni and staff that had been a part of the beginning of their recovery at our alcohol treatment center. These alumni spoke of the significant number of important new friendships they had made on campus and of the confidence and trust they had developed with the addiction treatment staff. However, the most important aspect that was missing was a way to reconnect. As a result of these requests, Talbott Recovery created the Return Visit Program.
Over the last two decades, Return Visit has become an important and well-attended component of the addiction treatment program we offer at Talbott Recovery. Download a sample Return Visit schedule.
What to Expect During a Return Visit
Talbott Recovery alumni and family members participating in our Return Visit Program are encouraged to:
- Come back to Talbott Recovery to “recharge recovery batteries”
- Meet and “catch up with” old roommates and domemates
- Reconnect with Talbott Recovery staff who have been important in their recovery
- Recommit to the foundation of recovery they began to build while in addiction treatment
- Offer hope, encouragement and support to current patients at Talbott Recovery’s drug & alcohol treatment center
- Meet with patients who will be returning to their home town
Each year Talbott Recovery hosts six return visits. The dates for these visits are listed below. You can register online, over the phone or by mail. Return visits are currently limited to 100 people so early registration is essential. Please click on one of the dates listed below to register for that revisit. Feel free to come to as many as you can.
- Jan 30-31, 2020
- Apr 2-3, 2020 (Canceled)
- June 4-5, 2020
- Aug 27-28, 2020(Canceled)
- Oct 1-2, 2020(Canceled)
- Dec 3-4, 2020(Canceled)
Register by Phone or Email
attn: Cheri Thrailkill
5355 Hunter Road
Atlanta, GA 30349
The entire staff looks forward to seeing you and your family, so please plan on coming to see us!