Talbott Recovery 72-Hour Assessments for substance abuse treatment are primarily available to patients applying to the Professionals Program. If clinically indicated, a 72-Hour Assessment for substance abuse treatment may also be recommended to prospective patients applying to Talbott Recovery Chemical Dependency and Young Adult programs. This in-depth assessment process has been designed to further explore precipitating issues or events and to determine whether drug dependency or a co-occurring psychiatric disorder compromises a person’s ability for safe practice under their professional license.
- Alcohol and other drug dependency
- Co-occurring psychiatric disorders, such as depression or anxiety
- Levels of pain (pain assessment available, if scheduled in advance)
Following the 72-Hour Assessment period, the findings, diagnoses and recommendations are discussed with the participant and the referring entity in a formal meeting, and a summary letter and report are generated to capture the information and recommendations given.
Elements of 72-Hour Assessments
Our multi-disciplinary assessment team for substance abuse treatment includes a(n):
- Attending Physician
- Clinical Psychologist
- Addiction Medicine Specialists
- Assessment Coordinator
- Licensed Clinician
- Physician Assistant
The addiction treatment teams may also include a pain medicine specialist, a neurologist or a sexual boundaries specialist as needed. An additional day is usually required for any additional evaluation that may be required.
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Two Addiction medicine evaluations
- Bio-psychosocial self-assessment
- Laboratory work and drug screens
- Comprehensive psychological testing (MMPI-II, MCMI-III)
- Extensive neuropsychological testing
If you have further questions about our substance abuse treatment or would like to schedule a 72-Hour Assessment, please contact our Intake Department at 678-251-3189.