The American Nurses Association (ANA) estimates that six to eight percent of nurses use alcohol or drugs to an extent that is sufficient to impair professional performance, some studies indicate the percentage to be much higher. Studies show that the answer to the difficult problem of nurses with addictions is to be supportive and offer rehabilitation through treatment instead of resorting immediately to punishment.
Addiction is a disease of the brain that affects the whole person. Risk factors include genetic, psychological, behavioral, social and demographic components. There are definitive signs and symptoms of addiction as well as stages. Nurses work in an environment that is characterized by high levels of stress and easy access to medications. Family and support systems play a significant role in recovery for professional nurses.
Talbott Recovery’s Professionals Program has earned a national reputation for the comprehensive treatment of addiction (alcoholism, other drug use disorders and other addictive disorders) and its attendant related medical, psychological, psychiatric, spiritual and work-related problems.
- Adults: Men & Women, 18 years and older
- Individualized treatment plans
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) (Day Treatment)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Day & Evening Programs
- Family Support Group
- Continuing Care Process
- Lodging options available for nurses during treatment
Now Talbott Recovery Columbus is also working directly with Board of Nursing and/or Monitoring Organizations to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for nurses seeking treatment as alternative to disciplinary actions by the monitoring agency. Click here to download an informational flyer.
Contact us today to schedule an assessment:
(706) 341-3600 or (800) 445-4232
Talbott Recovery Columbus’ sober living community is anything but clinical.
It is our philosophy that part of an effective substance abuse recover program is “down time,” where men* and women in our substance abuse treatment programs can relax and unwind, spend quality time reading, journaling, visiting with others who are also in treatment…relaxing. To that end, Talbott Recovery Columbus now offers sober living options for patients that allow for private time and reflection as well as the chance to process the new ways of living, thinking and feeling that accompany addiction recovery.
- Located in close proximity to Talbott Recovery Columbus
- Currently being offered to female patients participating in PHP/IOP at Talbott Recovery Columbus (*Sober Living options for male patients will be available in the near future.)
- Three bedroom apartments, each housing up to 6 adult female patients.
- Weekly community group meetings.
- Residents responsible for planning, preparing, and sharing meals as a group – at their own expense.
- Residents provide their own transportation to/from treatment at Talbott Recovery Columbus – as well as other required activities/outings/meetings.
- Onsite “Resident On Call”
- Cost: $35.00 per day with a one time/nonrefundable deposit of $500.00 due upon admission. (Sober Housing costs not covered by insurance.)
Bonds are built in these living spaces where peers live and cope and help each other to stay sober, as well as to practice the recovery methods that will make all the difference once you leave treatment at Talbott Recovery Columbus and return to your regular lives.
Highly effective sober living options are just another reason Talbott Recovery is “a place of new beginnings” for our patients.
Ask about Sober Living Options when contacting us for information or to schedule an assessment:
(706) 341-3600 or (800) 445-4232.